Dental Braces, Leeds
Dr Reshma Parambil
Even though body acceptance has been promoted globally, unhealthy teeth still cause people to feel self-conscious about themselves. When teeth are healthy, people feel confident and can smile without fear of embarrassment. A beautiful smile not only boost your self-esteem, but also increase happiness levels in a person’s life.
Dental braces are the tools that are used to fix problems with your teeth, such as crowding, crookedness, and misalignment.
If your teeth are crooked or if your bite is misaligned (an underbite or overbite), you may need braces or retainers. When it comes to the most cost-effective braces, look no further than Zayra dental Leeds. Invisalign has established as a leading brand of removable aligners in UK. Our experts always help you choose the best aligners to suit your problem and budget rather than offering Invisalign for all. As always one size does not fit all! To fully understand this , let us look at the different type of braces available.
Types of braces:
Today’s braces aren’t the shiny metal mouthfuls of the past. There are a plethora of options available. Some of the types of braces are present below:
- Metal braces: Metal is the traditional material for braces. For this treatment to work, your dentist may use metal brackets that are attached to your teeth using orthodontic cement and will connect these metal braces with arch wires. Traditional braces can be customized with the addition of colored elastic ties with this treatment. Dental plaque is a common complication associated with metal braces that leads to inflammation and irritation in gums .
- Ceramic braces: Unlike traditional braces, tooth-colored ceramic brackets are also available in the market. They work in much the same way as metal braces but are more discreet and less noticeable. Ceramic braces offer a great alternative to metal braces if you are uneasy about wearing metal braces. Ceramic braces demand more care and maintenance.
- Lingual braces: These braces are least common among all the braces in the market because they require a different set of skills. Because lingual braces are attached to the back of your teeth this makes them difficult to see. These braces are an ideal candidate for someone who is uncomfortable with using braces altogether.
- Clear aligners: These are clear plastic trays that fit snugly over your teeth. Invisible aligners resemble mouth-guards but act as braces to straighten your teeth. These types of braces have gained popularity among patients who have mild to moderate dental issues like misaligned teeth, a large overbite, no problems with their jaw alignment, and open teeth.
Since these braces are custom-made trays, it holds a great advantage over other types of braces. You can remove these braces when you are eating or having a drink. With clear braces, you can straighten your teeth comfortably, beautifully, and precisely in half the time, it would take with traditional braces.
The cost factor of braces:
Braces are priced differently across the country. There are various reasons why the prices of the braces are not fixed throughout the country. The brace’s price depends on several factors, including:
- Expertise and skill of your orthodontist.
- Your insurance benefits.
- Your age.
- The type of treatment you choose.
- The Type of Braces You Select.
- Your location in the country.
- But according to a rough estimate, the average cost of the braces are as follows:
- Standard metal braces=>£2500 to £6,500.
- Ceramic braces=>1500 to £7,500.
- Invisalign braces=>£2500 to £4,000.
- Lingual braces=>£4,000 to £11,000.
Clear aligners are the clear winner in this race for mild to moderate cases. At Zayra dental Leeds we have 3 D scanners which help with mile assessment and chose what is best for you. We provide a range of options to get the best value for money aligners in Leeds. In fact, by combining quality, patient choice and best results we at Zayra dental Leeds, provide the best affordable aligners in Leeds under £2000. The cost can be spread over monthly payments.
How It Works:
Easy as 1, 2, 3:
Straightening teeth has never been more comfortable. At Zayra Dental, we use Clear Correct to mold your series of flexible teeth aligners while keeping the process affordable.
- Step 1: Come in for a quick scan and mold of your teeth, then pick up your aligners or have them mailed to your home.
- Step 2: Wear your dental aligners day and night, only removing to brush your teeth or eat.
- Step 3: Change out your aligners as scheduled until your teeth are movie star straight.
Some alternatives to braces:
You or your child may not be a good candidate for braces for a number of different reasons. Orthodontists may recommend alternatives to braces if they notice any of the following:
- Insignificant bite alignment problems.
- The cost of braces is too high for the patient.
- Minor crowding or spacing issues.
- Too long of a treatment period for the patient.
If any of these apply to you or your child, your Orthodontist may recommend an alternative to braces. Some alternatives to braces are as follows:
- Accelerated Orthodontics.
- Six-month smile.
Following are some asked queries regarding braces that you should know:
A typical orthodontic treatment lasts about 24 months. Some patients may require treatment for less than 12 months, while others may require treatment for up to 3 years.
In general, orthodontists recommend braces for kids between the ages of 10 and 14. It is advisable to get braces at a young age because braces adjust bite and shift teeth.
A person’s face can indeed change after receiving orthodontic treatment. Braces will correct alignment issues with your face and ensure that your mouth and jawline look symmetrical, natural, and attractive.
Invisalign is one of the most expensive aligners in the market due to the high lab costs. They cost anywhere between £2500 to £4000.